2010-03-22

Stage

Today I staged (for the first time ever!) at Sarah's. I went to the store at 80E Oak. There is also a kitchen at 2008 Halsted and a kiosk at Macy's. I was so nervous going, I was practically dry heaving. However It was mostly boring once I got there.
I arrived at 8am, as soon as the store opened. Sarah herself was there, along with Stephanie (who goes to the French Pastry School). I was told to wash my hand put on an apron and get to work. I dipped graham crackers and matzos in chocolate for 4 hours. The chocolate tempering machine was pretty cool, it made my job so easy (a monkey could do it).
The kitchen itself was very tiny and narrow, but everything was so organized. It was nice to see a really pastry kitchen, and not the sterile ones at school.
I didn't really learn anything. I t was a nice experience anyway.