2010-09-24

6am Cont

My day begins with mousse and ends with bread pudding, but in between its freedom. There is so much creativity involved in the shift, I love it! Room service orders at least two cakes everyday. Even though my cake skills are lacking I take it as a huge opportunity to improve. We use Edible Images for most of our cakes (a Disney property wide decision). I am not fond of it. Its tastes overly sweet and only looks so-so. I think my favorite thing to make is the creme anglaise.
I have the recipe memorized:
4qts heavy cream
1 qt egg yolks
5lb suger
9oz white chocolate
12oz passion fruit puree

Some thing about making it is so relaxing, The simplicity allows me to calm down. I just love the smell and the flavor too.I heat up the heavy cream and sugar, when it boils i temper in the yolks, and once it comes to the right consistancy I add the chocolate and puree.

i now have a routine. I do mousse, kilhuahas, creme anglaise, tart shells, one cake, and bread pudding. It mostly takes up my whole shift. There is room for things like scooping cupcakes, but I do those four things everyday.