2010-09-29

Reflections

My Last few days down in Florida I was not on the schedule so I took this time to dine at Kona, ‘Ohana and visit the parks.
I had dinner at Kona. I ordered Coconut and Curry Soup, an assortment of sushi, and the Kilauea. My friend ordered Cucumber Sushi Roll, Coconut Almond Chicken, and the Kona Cone.  Everything was so tasty. I think we got better treatment because I worked there though.
I went to ‘Ohana for their Character Breakfast. I got to meet Mickey Mouse. We were served the breakfast bread- both cinnamon raisin and pineapple, an assortment of fruit- melon grapes, pineapple, sausages, bacon, Mickey waffles, passion fruit orange guava juice, and scrambled eggs. Even though most of the entertainment was geared toward children- I had a blast.


 

Kendall Vs The Real World
The main difference is how mistakes are treated. If I burned creme brulee at school its treated as a learning exercise. I acknowledge that I screwed up, and try it again- vowing to never make the same mistake every again.  If i mess up the creme brulee at the Poly, I get written up and have a sit down chat with my chefs. And then Id have to redo the dessert in a time crunch.